Keyword research is the first important step when doing search engine marketing (SEM). It takes 60% of your AdWords campaign’s performance. This article is about how to do keyword research for Google AdWords. If you’re an AdWords beginner, then this article is good to start with.
There are many ways/tools to do a keyword research, include:
- Your Website and Competitors’ website. It’s a good start to check your website again and list down keyword ideas based on menu, product category, product tag etc…
- Google Search Suggestion. This can be found when you type a search query on Google search box and a drop down of suggested queries appear.
- Google Related Searches. You can find this at the bottom of google search engine or “people also ask” section on the top of Google Search Result.
- Google Keyword Planner. I’m going to show you how to conduct a keyword research with the most free-powerful tool such as Google keyword planner.
- Last but not least, asking your family, friends and your neighbors. Though it is quite complicated and annoyed but I believe this is the best way to generate keywords based on users enperience.